The purpose of Shadowing:
Shadowing helps answer and address key topics and questions such as:
- How will our leading rival respond to our decision to (cut prices, pull out of the market, partner with ABC, and so on)?
- What will our domestic rival do when we introduce our next generation of product?
- What do our competitors believe are our weaknesses, blindspots, and vulnerabilities?
- How will an acquisition target respond to our pending proposal?
- What direction will a rival take when it moves forward with their CEO succession?
- What are the likely next moves by our top rival? What directions will it go? What can we learn from best practice players?
What is included in the Shadowing PDF:
- Background about the origin of Shadowing
- Strategic rationale and implications of Shadowing
- Key topics and questions addressed by Shadowing
- Strengths and advantages of Shadowing
- Weaknesses and limitations of Shadowing
- A step by step process for applying the Shadowing Technique
- Shadowing Case Study: Illuminating Strategy and 4 Mini Case Studies
- Shadowing Analysis Worksheet
- FAROUT© Summary about Shadowing
- Related Tools and Techniques